If a device manufacturer is established outside the European Union, it’s necessary to appoint an Authorized Representative by a written power of attorney. The Authorized Representative must be a physical or legal subject established in one of the EU countries, who represents the foreign manufacturer against the European competent Authorities. The Authorized Representative name and address must be included in the device label .